Inner identity in accounting logs

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 10:57:11 CET 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:

>>   Update the reply.  In the "inner-tunnel" server, "post-auth"
>> section, add:

>>     update outer.reply {
>>         User-Name = "%{User-Name}"
>>     }

When added in the "inner-tunnel" server, this block has no effect on the
content of the Access-Accept packets (as shown by radiusd -X). I've
tried adding a similar line to the outer server to statically set the
outer ID and there it does indeed get put in Access-Accept packets. My
NAS does indeed remember it and use this name for accounting.

So the question is, why does it not work in the inner-tunnel?