IP-Assignment with sqlippool based on nas-ip-address

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Fri Jan 30 11:51:20 CET 2009

>Now, the "behaviour" of the server changed in the way, that the freeradius reserves only one ip-address per user. if the same user logs in again on the same nas (without accounting-stop-packet before), the old ip-address is freed and the user receives a new one.

That should happen only if IP allocation has expired (see lease-duration
in sqlippool.conf). There is another allocate-find query that issues
random IPs.

>Is there a possibility to assign also a specific subnetmask with the radippool-table? we have different subnetmasks for the different pools.

If these are PPP connections you should use 255.255.255.255 for all of
them. That will match any gateway subnet and mask. You coral them with
firewall.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP