Access based on eDirectory and Accounting

Martin Potgieter martin at systemadmin.co.za
Fri Jan 30 14:26:19 CET 2009

On 30 Jan 2009, at 11:50, <tnt at kalik.net> <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:

> Yes. eDirectory will "replace" radcheck and radreply while accounting
> will go to radacct.

I was under the impression that radcheck would have to check
eDirectory and accounting info. I want to allow access based on
eDirectory credentials AND accounting info. So if the eDirectory
credentials are correct Freeradius should check the accounting
database and if the total bytes transferred is more than a value
specified somewhere (either in eDirectory or SQL I suppose) reject
access.

Bottom line, I want to prevent access if a user has used more than X
bandwidth.