timestamp in radpostauth and radacct

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 22:00:45 CEST 2009

Hey,

To include information about the NAS in a listing of the radpostauth (which
doesn't have an entry regarding the nas
from which the request originated from) I am joining the tables based on the
radacct.acctstarttime = radpostauth.date
which works "part" of the time. Meaning, for most of my tests it works just
fine but I've seen logs where the timestamp
in both of these tables differ (for the same request ofcourse).

I was hoping someone can clear this issue, what's a normal behavior here?
are the timestamp supposed to be the
same/different and why.

Regards,
Liran.