Alvarion BreezeMax BTS - Service provisioning?

Ben Wiechman wiechman.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 04:17:32 CEST 2009

Actually authorization in their hybrid 16d system that Steve is using is
very seamless. We've looked at many solutions and in most
configuration/service assignment revolves around some kind of custom NMS
that is a complete kludge or require service levels to be configured in each
MS individually. Supplying the services via RADIUS is a decent
semi-standardized approach that helps with centralization.

I think they could stand to improve the attribute structure a bit as the
long string is a fun regular expression exercise when you work for
standardization. Then again, you should see the DHCP option string that is
used to configure their ATA adapters... heh

It's really their ASN-GW that deviates... a bit... from the standard. And
the fact that they have a strange attitude toward IOT. We asked and were
essentially told that the FR team would have to come crawling to Tel Aviv on
their bellies and beg for the chance to be forced to pay for IOT testing.
Helpfully pointing out that IOT testing would be a non-issue if the
established standard was followed wasn't met with much of a response.

Ben