make install without messing with previous configuration?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Jul 15 09:53:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I do not know how to do it at compile time but you can do it at
> runtime by specifing -d your_directory to radiusd.
>
> So perhaps a make install will install many configuration files but
> not where *your* configuration is.

Yes, I considered pointing --with-raddb-dir=/tmp/trash or so. But I
don't want a one-time installation problem to require attention whenever
I run the service in the future. It is then something to remember
constantly (and to document for on-duty personnel etc. ...), only to fix
a single-shot problem. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER