wpa2-psk and radiusd possible?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Jul 16 08:27:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Is there a way to have different PSK's for every MAC? I bed, it is
> not a job for radius and maybe a complete wrong concept?

Your bet is correct: WPAx-PSK does not consult a RADIUS server at all.
One PSK is for the whole SSID, there is not usually a PSK-per-user. So
how did you do that with hostap; have one SSID for every MAC, and one
PSK associated to it?

If you want individual keys per client, WPAx-Enterprise with 802.1X
authentication is the commodity way. If your users get confused with the
certs, either create a pre-configured site deployment of your supplicant
which sets stuff up for them (exists for many supplicants) or educate
your users until they get it.

Greetings,

Another Stefan