simultaneous checking

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed Jul 22 18:01:39 CEST 2009

> On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 10:27 +0100, Ivan Kalik wrote:
>> PS. I must appologize, it was not my intention to imply that if your
>> equipment generates large ids admin is insane by default. My comments
>> were
>> related to that specific case where admin shot himself in the foot by
>> appending text to basic id causing database filed overflow.
>
> No worries.  In my case, I simply do not know if we have control over
> the length of those attributes.  Frankly, I assumed whatever was coming
> in was the default setup in the NAS.  Perhaps it isn't.

I am afraid not. NAS admin took manual instructions quite literally and
hardcoded even comments like #this is a description# into the station id.
Also, I suspect that only the last number is the accounting id generated
by the NAS while the text before really belongs in the NAS-Identifiier
rather than accounting id field.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP