Building a test tool

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Mon Jun 1 20:34:19 CEST 2009

Use the radclient tool. You can create test files that have the attributes
for the radius packets and feed them to radclient.

NAME
       radclient - send packets to a RADIUS server, show reply

SYNOPSIS
       radclient  [-d raddb_directory] [-c count] [-f file] [-i id] [-n
num_requests_per_second]
       [-p num_requests_in_parallel] [-r num_retries] [-s] [-S
shared_secret_file] [-t  timeout]
       [-qvx] server {acct|auth|status|disconnect|auto} secret

DESCRIPTION
       radclient  is  a  radius client program. It can send arbitrary radius
packets to a radius
       server, then shows the reply. It can be used to test changes you made
in  the  configura-
       tion of the radius server, or it can be used to monitor if a radius
server is up.

       radclient reads radius attribute/value pairs from it standard input,
or from a file spec-
       ified on the command line. It then encodes these attribute/value
pairs using the  dictio-
       nary, and sends them to the remote server.

       The  User-Password  and  CHAP-Password  attributes are automatically
encrypted before the
       packet is sent to the server.

Tim