NTLM Auth Help

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Tue Jun 2 15:37:23 CEST 2009

We pass hostname$ to ntlm_auth by rewriting the User-Name attribute as
follows:

        attr_rewrite machine_UserName {

               attribute = User-Name

               searchin = packet

               searchfor = "^host/(.*).domain.name"

               replacewith = "%{1}$"

               ignore_case = yes

               new_attribute = no

               max_matches = 1

               append = no

        }

To change from host/hostname.domain.name to hostname$.  Then, include
machine_UserName in the authorize and authenticate sections before
mschap.