NTLM Auth Help

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 20:09:04 CEST 2009

Hi,
> We pass hostname$ to ntlm_auth by rewriting the User-Name attribute as
> follows:
>

>         attr_rewrite machine_UserName {
>
>                attribute = User-Name
>
>                searchin = packet
>
>                searchfor = "^host/(.*).domain.name"
>
>                replacewith = "%{1}$"
>
>                ignore_case = yes
>
>                new_attribute = no
>
>                max_matches = 1
>
>                append = no
>
>         }
>

> To change from host/hostname.domain.name to hostname$.  Then, include
> machine_UserName in the authorize and authenticate sections before
> mschap.

why?  with recent versions of FreeRADIUS this just works(tm) with no rewriting needed
- just ensure that the ntlm_auth line has the correct arguments and
you have the ntdomain stuff turned on .

we used to have all kinds of hacky stuff in our config...almost all
of it is now wiped away with a small spattering of unlang here
and there for utility

alan