[rad] Re: SOLVED Re: pseudo-newbie exec scripts and session-time

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Fri Jun 12 23:44:52 CEST 2009

> Well, firstly, no one *gave* me 'examples',

Nothing to give. You already have it in scripts/exec-program-wait. It's
included in the distribution. Should be in same place in your version too.

> they said just to look in my
> radiusd.conf, and secondly, yes, it's exactly 'like that':
>
>          #  put 'exec' into the 'instantiate' section.  You can then
>          #  do dynamic translation of attributes like:
>          #
>          #  Attribute-Name = `%{exec:/path/to/program args}`
>          #
>          #  The value of the attribute will be replaced with the output
>
> Notice the complete lack of instruction as to WHERE I would use that
> syntax....

Well, you don't have to be a genius to figure out where does something
like Attribute = value goes. Even without the example. On the other hand
simply listing module name in the configuration (like you have
"discovered") also works - just like with any other module.

>>  While the documentation isn't perfect, a lot of this *is* documented.
>> And a lot of the unhelpful answers on this list are instructing people
>> to read the documentation.
>
> And so, hopefully after posting all this garbage yet again, and quoting, I
> hope sufficiently, you can see that I *did* read all the comments in the
> config file, and what you THINK is there really is not there.

Go and read the example script included with the server and then come back
and eat your words.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP