sqlcounter / end session at the end of the month

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:57:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm having issues with octet accounting. Users are monthly limited in
octets, not in time.
The problem i have is when a user logs in on the last day of the month
and stays online for 3 days then there's 2days within the new month
but the accounting counts within the previous month, which we don't
like :-)

So I was thinking about adding a counter module which calculates a
session-timeout at the last second of the month so users get logged
out just before the new month starts.
But, I don't know how to set the check-item. If I use max-all-session
and a  monthly reset I need a check item that equals the end of the
month, which can be 28 days, 30 days or 31 days.
Any known solutions to this?

Kind regards,
Y.