Disabling users

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Jun 25 20:47:32 CEST 2009

Marinko Tarlac wrote:
> You can use expiration attribute or you can disconnect user with PoD.
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Packet_of_Disconnect

Expiration Attribute? I've not seen that in any docs. The POD is useful,
I think I can provide a cronjob to query the DB once a day and terminate
   users as needed. Thank you!

DAve

> DAve wrote:
>> Good afternoon all,
>>
>> We recently retired our old ICRadius servers and installed FreeRadius.
>> We run two radius servers with a third server acting as master for the
>> radius data and as the accounting server. All is working well.
>>
>> Billing has approached me with an issue where they need to disable a
>> user for lack of payment. Previously we simply changed their password
>> through our management system and they were then unable to reconnect.
>> Client calls, pays, we enable them again.
>>
>> Currently we are noticing that because of DSL, and the fact we no
>> longer impose any limits on dialup, it may take weeks before a client
>> is disconnected and finds their password has changed.
>>
>> I have read through the docs, looked into Session-Timeout and SQL
>> counters, but I do not see how to force a client to re authenticate.
>> What am I missing? What config information do I need to provide? What
>> information/manual/how to have I missed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DAve
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you
do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to
preserve it." John Quincy Adams

http://appleseedinfo.org