Radius+Huwaei switch + auto VLan, Assignment issue

Attou eric gouroueric at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 26 10:29:07 CEST 2009

Hi

That really was the trick. The Tunnel private group id sent by the Radius server is

interpreted as string by Huwaei quidway S3900 switches. So, after changing the

Vlan-assignment-mode from integer to string, the auto vlan switching works fine.

Althought we still having an issue with our testing machines running XP OS.

After the user authentication, the client successfully get dhcp bail in the suitable

VLan in the ldap directory. But, two or three minutes later, the network connectivity

icon on the right hand in the task bar indicate that the client is trying to acquire a new

dhcp, while the client still connected to the VLan on which he was authenticated. This

problem does not occur on linux clients.

Do you have an idea please?

Thanks