Configuring Freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 4 17:25:18 CEST 2009

jon jon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to freeradius. I am trying to get my freeradius server setup
> but I find I am having trouble. I am running slackware 12.1 as my OS and
> running freeradius version 2.1.5. All I want to do is get started on the
> right track. My question is the three main config files I need to edit
> are clients.conf, users.conf, and radiusd.conf, right?

  No.  There is no "users.conf" file.

  PLEASE get the terminology correct.  While it's new, it's not that
difficult.  Getting the terminology wrong means that you are thinking
about it wrong, and that no one here will be able to understand you.

> I did the radtest
> from the command line and get a accept reject message. Can anyone just
> tell me what I have to change to get me started off in the right direction?

  Read the FAQ.  It contains instructions for what to do when "it
doesn't work".  It contains examples of how to test and configure the
server.