FR Using MAC Authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 8 18:45:43 CEST 2009

Steve Wu wrote:
> Thanks Tim, that worked, although is that up to each AP manf as to what
> it sends?

  Pretty much.

> I have HP420s. I changed the password field to match the MAC
> and it authenticated (I think), but I didn't get an IP.

  So... did you run the server in debugging mode?  The log you showed
below is for *accounting* packets, not *authentication* packets.

  Go run it in debugging mode, and read the output.  It will tell you
WHY the request was rejected, or WHY the request was authenticated.

  If it's authenticated, and you don't get an IP, blame the DHCP server
for not handing out an IP, or maybe the NAS for not forwarding traffic
after the Access-Accept.