Fair usage package implementation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 11 15:00:49 CEST 2009

Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> OK point gotten. Further to this I have added update coa into preacct,
> the conditional update coa has no error, but I get a WARNING upon
> receiving accounting packets from NAS :-

  Because you didn't follow the instructions.

> --------------------begin-------------------------------------------------------
> Sending Accounting-Response of id 5 to 192.168.130.220 port 3790
> WARNING: Unknown destination 192.168.130.220:3799 for CoA request.
> Do CoA Fail handler here
> Finished request 9.
> --------------------end-------------------------------------------------------
>
> For this particular NAS, I have set up the coaport to be
> 3790, as you can see in the radius reply the radius server is sending
> Accounting-Response to it.

  Er... no.  That's not how RADIUS works.  The Accounting-Response is
sent to the source port of the Accounting-Request packet.  You *cannot*
configure this, and you *cannot* change it.

> Why there is a warning of 'Unknown destination 192.168.130.220.3799 for CoA
> request' ? Is it because the NAS is not setup properly to listen to
> port 3799 ? Where does the figure 3799 come from, a standard port number ?

  Did you read raddb/sites-available/originate-coa?  That question is
answered there.  Open it with a text editor, and look for "3799".

  And the warning comes about because you didn't follow the instructions
in that file.  Follow the instructions, and the warning will go away.