Fair usage package implementation

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 02:51:13 CEST 2009

--- On Sat, 5/9/09, Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --------------------begin-------------------------------------------------------
> Sending Accounting-Response of id 5 to 192.168.130.220 port
> 3790
> WARNING: Unknown destination 192.168.130.220:3799 for CoA
> request.
> Do CoA Fail handler here
> Finished request 9.
> --------------------end-------------------------------------------------------
>
> For this particular NAS, I have set up the coaport to be
> 3790, as you can see in the radius reply the radius server
> is sending
> Accounting-Response to it.
>
> Why there is a warning of 'Unknown destination
> 192.168.130.220.3799 for CoA
> request' ? Is it because the NAS is not setup properly to
> listen to
> port 3799 ? Where does the figure 3799 come from, a
> standard port number ?

I have ruled out the possibility of NAS configuration
problem because if I exec a radclient from radiusd, it
works properly. It must be my idiot understanding of
configuration of CoA on radiusd, which seems to also
needing the setting of up "home-server" and so on
which at this moment I barely understand what they are.

Regards.