Proposed release of 2.1.6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 12 20:49:17 CEST 2009

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> /usr/local/tmp-src/freeradius-server-2.1.6/libtool --mode=link gcc
> .libs/client.o .libs/conffile.o .libs/crypt.o .libs/exec.o .libs/files.o
> /usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _lt__PROGRAM__LTX_preloaded_symbols

  Libtool and libltld need to be taken out back and put out of my
misery.  If it would be possible, their developers should be re-educated
into something useful... like basket weaving.

  There were reports on multiple systems of the same error.  Apparently
doing "autoreconf" fixes those problems.  Which it did, for those systems.

  And now it has broken other systems.

  I'm inclined to look seriously at removing libltdl entirely, and
therefore libtool.  They are disgusting arcane complex fragile, and
picky as all get out.

  I'm not sure what to do here... it works on my Mac, on the Ubuntu
systems I have access to, and on Solaris.

  Anyone else see the same issue?