FreeRADIUS Server Version 2.1.6 has been released

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 18 17:44:08 CEST 2009

Meyers, Dan wrote:
> Can I just check, as I can't seen anything about it in the changelog and
> the wiki page for it appears to be the same as before - What is the
> rlm_perl behaviour with the new version of FreeRADIUS?

  It's the same as 2.1.4.

> I'm also assuming multiplicity takes preference, as our system installed
> with 2.1.4 had perl installed with both, and our radius process starts
> up at 200M but doesn't grow in the way you'd expect if we had a memory
> leak in our perl. I can't think what's taking up all that memory if it's
> not multiple perl processes. The same code on a system with perl
> compiled without threading or multiplicity only takes 16M.

  Yes.  We'll take a look at that for 2.1.7.

  Barring that, grab a copy of 2.1.6, and replace src/modules/rlm_perl
with a copy from a previous version.  Re-build, and install.  You'll get
the Perl that you like, along with the rest of the fixes in 2.1.6.

  The fixes && features in 2.1.6 are worth taking the time to do that.

> Thanks for the update, the radwatch script in particular will be very
> useful for us :)

  And lots more.  Wait for 2.1.7, there are some interesting features
going in.