next

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu May 28 09:04:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

> So far I haved followed instructions in the admin.sql file and the used the
> command:
> mysql -uroot -prootpass radius < schema.sql
> which creates a database called radius, that I am suppose to fill with some
> dummy data, is this right so far? I also uncommented the line-  $INCLUDE
> sql.conf, in the radius.conf file.
> My mysql server is on the same machine as my freeradius server. Is there a
> certain line I should see now when I fire up my radius server in debug mode,
> saying it is using mysql to authenticate clients?

you've populated SQL with radius table, you've enabled sql.conf to be
read by uncommenting it..

now...have you edited sql.conf and the underlying config files
eg ql/mysql/dialup.conf?

finally, to use SQL for client AAA you need to uncomment the
required lines in the server (virtual servers in 2.x) - eg within
the authorise and authenicate sections (for example)

alan