Unexpected "Exiting normally" 2.1.8?

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Wed Nov 4 21:24:00 CET 2009

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Alexander Clouter wrote:
>> It's when I add (I am pretty sure it's the in the first 8 or so
>> patches) the following I get the same problem with FreeRADIUS:
>> I guess at this point I am going to be told to be a good boy and run off
>> and use git bisect? :)
>
> Pretty much, sorry.

It really is bug week for me.  Cisco (x4), FreeRADIUS (x1), Linux (x2),
etc etc.

Say, I do the git bisect, you will let my ldap xlat dn patch[1] go in,
I have been patient and waited two years? :)

>> Looking through the patches normally I cannot see what could have caused
>> the graceful exit...which is exactly what I am getting:
>> #1  0x00000000004228d9 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffaaef61c8) at radiusd.c:419
>
>  That just means that the main event loop exited, and the server is
> telling all child threads to stop.
>
>  It looks like the server received a TERM, QUIT, or INT signal.  Why, I
> don't know.

Yep, that was my take too.  As far as I can tell it just decided to
gracefully close down which is why when I nosey through the applied
patches I was hunting for a change in logic flow or something.

>  But yes, "git bisect" would be tremendously useful.  I'm traveling for
> the next week, so I'll have limited time to look at it myself.

Sure thing.  I'll try to find the time tomorrow, however it could take
a week or so to pin down as I'll need to run for two days to be sure it
is 'okay'.

Cheers

[1] http://stuff.digriz.org.uk/0001-support-to-get-DN-in-ldap_xlat.patch

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Be careful!  Is it classified?