Unexpected "Exiting normally" 2.1.8?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 4 19:57:00 CET 2009

Alexander Clouter wrote:
> It's when I add (I am pretty sure it's the in the first 8 or so
> patches) the following I get the same problem with FreeRADIUS:
> I guess at this point I am going to be told to be a good boy and run off
> and use git bisect? :)

 Pretty much, sorry.

> Looking through the patches normally I cannot see what could have caused
> the graceful exit...which is exactly what I am getting:
> #1  0x00000000004228d9 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffaaef61c8) at radiusd.c:419

  That just means that the main event loop exited, and the server is
telling all child threads to stop.

  It looks like the server received a TERM, QUIT, or INT signal.  Why, I
don't know.

  But yes, "git bisect" would be tremendously useful.  I'm traveling for
the next week, so I'll have limited time to look at it myself.