Unexpected "Exiting normally" 2.1.8?

Craig Campbell craig at ccraft.ca
Thu Nov 26 13:39:58 CET 2009

Here are the results from the latest gdb,

[[root at radius-a ~]# gdb radiusd
GNU gdb Fedora (6.8-27.el5)
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) break event_loop_exit
Function "event_loop_exit" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y
Breakpoint 1 (event_loop_exit) pending.
(gdb) break radius_signal_self
Breakpoint 2 at 0x434d9f: file event.c, line 3733.
(gdb) cond 1 (flag == 2)
(gdb) run -f
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -f
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1: Function "event_loop_exit" not defined.
[New Thread 0x2b8a5990de10 (LWP 543)]
[New Thread 0x41850940 (LWP 551)]
[New Thread 0x42400940 (LWP 552)]
[New Thread 0x42e01940 (LWP 553)]
[New Thread 0x43802940 (LWP 554)]
[New Thread 0x44203940 (LWP 555)]
Detaching after fork from child process 556.
Detaching after fork from child process 557.
Detaching after fork from child process 616.

<snip>

Detaching after fork from child process 5364.
Detaching after fork from child process 5394.
[Switching to Thread 0x45605940 (LWP 4185)]

Breakpoint 2, radius_signal_self (flag=8) at event.c:3733
3733            rcode = read(self_pipe[0], buffer, sizeof(buffer));
(gdb)

Thanks,
-craig