Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 55, Issue 38

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 15:06:05 CET 2009

On 11/10/2009 07:33 AM, Peter Carlstedt wrote:

>  > From: freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org
>  > Subject: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 55, Issue 38
>  > To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
>  > Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:35:54 +0100

Please follow the posting guidelines and general etiquette.

* do not reply to digest mails, it screws up threading

* do not include the whole text of a digest.

* learn to trim the quoted material to the relevant material

* do not use HTML markup

> If I understand the error correctly it points out that the code which
> begins at line 1333 in the file "modules.c" in
> ~/freeradius-server-2.1.7/src/main/ has an error in it? the code in that
> line looks like this:
>
> LTDL_SET_PRELOADED_SYMBOLS();
>
> I am rather new to Linux and a complete newbie ragarding Freeradius so
> any help possible would be appreciated.
> A question though. Why do I have to make changes in "rules" and
> "control" to even get it to work?

If you're new to Linux then you're probably going to need to learn some
basics about software development on Linux. However this mailing list is
not the source of that information, it's off topic. Since you're new to
Linux I strongly suggest you install a pre-built version of FreeRADIUS
instead of trying to build it yourself. You'll save yourself a lot of
pain and instead you can focus on the real problem at hand, configuring
and using FreeRADIUS, which is the primary topic of this mailing list.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/