DHCP in FR

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Nov 14 11:34:03 CET 2009

Kassai Istvan wrote:
>>   Did you run the server in debugging mode, as suggested EVERYWHERE?
>
> what does what mean? I use the radius for accounting purposes, and would
> like to enable dhcp. Put a symlink into sites-enabled directory to the
> dhcp, and was running the radiusd with -X, and was waiting what happens.

  Uh... the point of running it in debugging mode is to:

a) READ the output

b) send it test packets

  You appeared to done none of that.

> I don't waiting anybody to solve my problem, it would be enough if
> anybody send me a link to an understandable doc, handscript, sample, or
> anything can help me.

1)  Does the debug output say it's listening on a DHCP interface?

2)  Did you send it test packets?

3)  Did you read sites-available/dhcp?

  I encourage people to do a *little* bit of work for yourself, rather
than waiting for things to happen.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ