"No NAS-PORT seen"

Peter Carlstedt pc_007 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:03:41 CET 2009

Hello everyone!

After some work now I have succesfully got MySQL to work towards the Freeradius server or at least I think it does.

But hurm.. I´ve added a user by adding a user in radcheck, ive written "insert into radcheck (id, username, attribute, op, value) VALUES (null, 'test-user', 'Cleartext-Password', ':=', 'test-pass');

and then I´ve written "select * from radcheck;" which shows the new user.

Well all of that works but from that point and forward it doesnt, I cant get my new user to authenticate towards the radius server and I get from attr_filter that the request matched entry DEFAULT at line 11, which sends a reject message if I have understood it correctly. Also I´ve commented out that the radius server should use the users file to do checks against when someone tries to authenticate, well that dont seem to work because when i try to authenticate towards the radius server with a user in the users file I succeed while i do not succeed when i try to authenticate by using the user that i created in the mysql database.

Have I missed something?

But something i also noticed is that when i authenticate as the user who is in the users file and have commented out that it should use the users file it gets a message from rlm_radutmp saying "No NAS-Port seen. Cannot do anything."

Have I done something terrible wrong?

Ive installed and made my own build of Freeradius 2.1.7 after i installed mysql client and all those libraries and mysql server. also I installed OpenSSL 0.9.8l before installation of the Freeradius server.

Since the log is so big from radiusd -X is there any possibility to save it into a file? And how do i do that?

Best regards/ Peter Carlstedt