showing NAS-IP of 127.0.01 instead of

Matt Ashfield mda at unb.ca
Wed Nov 25 19:03:36 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm running  FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.5. We are trying to do system
authentication for some users. Doing this by creating huntgroups based on
NAS-IP-Address, and then telling that huntgroup to use System for
authentication.

The problem is that although the Access-Request packet is shown as coming
from the correct host, that host's ip address is not showing up as the
NAS-IP-Address for that request. Instead, it's showing as 127.0.0.1 as seen
below:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.27.7 port 53201, id=130,
length=51

        User-Name = "xm7z1"

        User-Password = "abc.123"

        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1

I'm wondering what could cause this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt