Process radiusd won't start after installation (Solaris 10)

Nereida Bernal nereidarubi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:46:21 CET 2009

SO: Solaris 10
Version: 2.1.7

Hi all!

I installed freeradius on my server following the instructions in the
INSTALL file. After the "make install" I tried to start the radiusd
process in debug mode but I got the following error:

bash-3.00# /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X

ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Killed

I looked for the missing file in the server but none of them worked
bash-3.00# find / -name libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/lib/AdobeReader/Adobe/Reader8/Reader/sparcsolaris/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/sfw/lib/sparcv9/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/sfw/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/local/lib/sparcv9/libgcc_s.so.1

If you need the installation logs please let me know, I am new with
the freeRADIUS I hope you can help me with this.

Regards