Freeradius as a proxy converting EAP to non EAP radius Request

Jacques FOUCHER jacques.foucher at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 21:37:19 CEST 2009

Alan, Ivan, and others could help me

I reinstalled Debian system and installed new version 2.1.7. Allway the same
problem.

I think i miss something very basic for you but not for the freeradius
beginner I am.

That is all what I did :
* install last stable debapt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install openssh-server
apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
apt-get install tcpdump
apt-get gcc
apt-get make*

*wget -c
ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-server-2.1.7.tar.gz
tar xvzf freeradius-server-2.1.7.tar.gz
cd freeradius-server-2.1.7
./configure;make;make install*

add AP1 in clients.conf :
*client 192.168.0.250 {
        secret          = lrnp2tlm
        shortname       = AP1
}*

add home_server in proxy.conf :
*home_server IAS {
        ipaddr = 192.168.0.252
        port = 1812
        type = "auth"
        secret = "lrnp2tlm"
        response_window = 20
        max_outstanding = 65536
        require_message_authenticator = no
        zombie_period = 40
        status_check = "status-server"
        ping_interval = 30

        check_interval = 30
        num_answers_to_alive = 3
        num_pings_to_alive = 3
        revive_interval = 120
        status_check_timeout = 4

        irt = 2
        mrt = 16
        mrc = 5
        mrd = 30
 }
 home_server_pool jack_pool {
        type = fail-over
        home_server = IAS
 }
 realm jack {
        auth_pool = jack_pool
 }
*

modify eap.conf :
*default_eap_type = mschapv2*
and in peap function :
*peap {
                        default_eap_type = mschapv2
                        copy_request_to_tunnel = yes
                        use_tunneled_reply = yes
                        proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = no
                        virtual_server = "proxy-inner-tunnel"
                }
                mschapv2 {
                }*
I remove inner-tunnel link in raddb/sites-enabled
Create one for proxy-sites-enabled
*debian:/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled# ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 33 oct  3 20:51 control-socket ->
../sites-available/control-socket
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 26 oct  3 20:51 default ->
../sites-available/default
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 37 oct  3 21:00 proxy-inner-tunnel ->
../sites-available/proxy-inner-tunnel*
comment suffix twice in default file
add jack in proxy-inner-tunnel:

*server proxy-inner-tunnel {
authorize {
        update control {
                Proxy-To-Realm := "jack"

authenticate {
        eap
}

post-proxy {
        eap
*

That's all. Is something wrong or missing ?

Thanks

2009/10/3 Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net>

> > Alan,
> >
> > I installed first with apt-get an older version, then remove
> > /etc/freeradius
> > and /etc/raddb and then install the new version 2.1.7 from
> freeradius.org.
> >
> > Jacques

> >>   Are you sure you're using 2.1.7, and not some other version?
> >>
> >>  It's a little hard to believe that proxying doesn't work in 2.1.7.  It
> >> seems to be fine for everyone else...
>
> Something is badly broken in your installation. You should remove both
> versions completely and then do fresh 2.1.7 install.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See