Freeradius as a proxy converting EAP to non EAP radius Request

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sun Oct 4 00:22:29 CEST 2009

On 10/03/2009 03:37 PM, Jacques FOUCHER wrote:
> Alan, Ivan, and others could help me
>
> I reinstalled Debian system and installed new version 2.1.7. Allway the
> same problem.
>
> I think i miss something very basic for you but not for the freeradius
> beginner I am.
>
> That is all what I did :
> * install last stable debapt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> apt-get install openssh-server
> apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
> apt-get install tcpdump
> apt-get gcc
> apt-get make*
>
> *wget -c
> ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-server-2.1.7.tar.gz
> tar xvzf freeradius-server-2.1.7.tar.gz
> cd freeradius-server-2.1.7
> ./configure;make;make install*

Look for warning messages in the output of ./configure. A typical
problem is not having the development versions of packages installed.
configure will detect you're missing the required header files and
libraries but it won't fail, it will just issue a warning. So for
instance lets say you don't have the openssh developement files
installed, the build will run, but you won't get a version of freeradius
which can do TLS tunnels because configure will have detected in your
build environment you don't have the necessary support for that feature.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/