Overriding proxy response

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Mon Oct 5 11:07:38 CEST 2009

Ivan Kalik wrote:

> And how is user supposed to open that "topup page" if he is looking for
> Google, for instance?

Instead of Google's IPs your DNS servers would return your web server, with
the "topup page".

What you want *is* a captive portal - it will
> capture the user and redirect him from the requested page onto the one you
> want him to see.

I didn't say I agree with the DNS scheme.
I do agree that a captive portal is the best solution.
I was simply mentioning that it is not always possible.

It struck me when someone else mentioned the same scheme my local telco
uses.....

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC