implemnting ipv6 with freeradius and juniper ERX

Ram Akuka ram at oasis-tech.net
Tue Oct 6 10:09:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to implement ipv6 on my network  using freeradius and juniper
ERX as NAS.

So I looked for some documentation and found that In order to assign ipv6
address to a user using radius I need 2 attribuets.

Framed-IPv6-Prefix   and ERX-IPv6-NdRa-Prefix

I patched the juniper dictionary as found in Juniper webpage - and added the
attributes to a user, now there's 2  problems.

1.       Can someone help me with the format of the ERX-IPv6-NdRa-Prefix or
where can I read about this?

2.       When trying to debug this - I run the daemon radius -Xxx and for
some reason I can't see the acess-request process only the accounting.

I want to fully understand the process and know exactly what attributes the
radius is sending the NAS. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

--

Ram