implemnting ipv6 with freeradius and juniper ERX

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Tue Oct 6 10:47:48 CEST 2009

> I am trying to implement ipv6 on my network  using freeradius and juniper
> ERX as NAS.
>
> So I looked for some documentation and found that In order to assign ipv6
> address to a user using radius I need 2 attribuets.
>
> Framed-IPv6-Prefix   and ERX-IPv6-NdRa-Prefix
>
> I patched the juniper dictionary as found in Juniper webpage - and added
> the
> attributes to a user, now there's 2  problems.
>
> 1.       Can someone help me with the format of the ERX-IPv6-NdRa-Prefix
> or
> where can I read about this?

As with all vendor specific attributes best place to look for this
information is - the vendor.

> 2.       When trying to debug this - I run the daemon radius -Xxx and for
> some reason I can't see the acess-request process only the accounting.

That would mean that authentication is done locally on the NAS - it is not
sending those requests to the radius server. Check NAS configuration to
see is radius authentication configured (and are radius server details
correct).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP