when to use exec / echo external script query

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Fri Oct 9 09:26:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

cory at gateway.net.au wrote:

> freeradius 1.1.3-1.1
>
> freeradius mysql
>
> Redhat Linux Fedora 6

A fine vintage... :-/

> I was looking for information on at what point i would fire an external
> script.
>
> What i wish to do is once a client is authenticated and a framed-ip address
> allocated to fire an external script to push the IP address into my postfix
> access table and remove it on disconnect.
>
> If anyone has suggestions and can advise on this please chime in.

Do things properly, looking at using the accounting side of RADIUS and
on RADIUS start use the existing infrastructure that natively can fire
off SQL statements...and then on Accounting Stop packets it can run a
clean-up SQL statement.

Unsurprisingly, this is all detailed in the documentation :-/

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: You need more time; and you probably always will.