acct_postgresql+auth_ldap

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Fri Oct 9 13:12:44 CEST 2009

10/09/2009 01:58 PM, José Johnny RANDRIAMAMPIONONA::
> Hi all,
> I d like to know if someone has already tried to do the accounting (only
> accounting) thing with postgres and authentication with OpenLdap?

I am going to try that.
Not yet, but I will.

and I think it's globally about:

auth
  {
    ldap
  }

accouting
{
   sql
}

Authenticating and Accounting are independant.
For example, using "radclient", I can directly "account" without
"auth"-ing.

It's up to the NAS (RADIUS client) to send the User-Name to the RADIUS
when Start/Stopping accounting, so that you _always_ know what User-Name
is concerned by the accounting packet.

PS: that is just my understanding of the thing, I really expect people
to kindly correct if I am wrong.

                                    +261 34 29 155 34