freeradius mysql threads configuration questions

ramesh p rock786143 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:37:45 CEST 2009

Thanks Alan. We are migrating the things one by one.Observing good results.

--
Rams.

ramesh p wrote:
> I'm using freeradius2.1.6 with buffered-sql module.
> Please advice on threading configuration from Radius to MySQL to
> determine optimal configuration; Radius is configurred to use five
> threads, but we observe only one process on the database server at any
> one time.

  Because you're using the wrong database back-end.  If you used InnoDB,
this wouldn't be a problem.

  Follow the instructions on this list.  If you intend to run a system
with a million users, it's a good idea to listen to the advice of people
who have experience building such systems.