FreeRadius is 3 time quicker when running in full debug mode?( -X?option)

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Thu Sep 10 19:40:57 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 05:34:03PM +0200, mathieu at trustive.com wrote:
> I all, I'm Vincent's colleague
>
> @john dennis: it's not the bug we're hitting, as the issue is visible when
> launching a "shell command" (via exec program wait)
>
> @Ken: It seems the scheduler granularity is 8ms on debian by default, so
> definitely not the issue here (100ms would be HUGE!):

Okay, then that is not it.

> $ cat /proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns
> 8000000
>
> @Alexander Clouter: it's a dual Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
> Do you believe that could cause a 100ms hit?
>
> What about rlm_python? would you recommend using it, or will it be as
> "slow" as the exec program wait in threaded mode?

If the rlm_python module is coded like the rlm_perl module and compiles
the script once and re-runs the parsed code, it will work as well as the
rlm_perl module and would be a good choice as well. I have not used it
myself so I do not know any implementation details.

Regards,
Ken