Vista PEAP troubleshooting

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 19:41:41 CEST 2009

On 09/11/2009 01:16 PM, Hawkins, Jeff (APLY-MN) wrote:
> I started by just looking into it to see if it would work the way I had
> hoped and that first link had instructions for the exactly what I was
> looking for so I followed them. I could start over fresh or upgrade I
> guess if that would help or solve my problem but I have to admit I did
> rely on the instructions from the site quite a bit. Would a new install
> be similar enough for me to follow?

FreeRADIUS 2.x is vastly superior to 1.x. Most external documentation
(not from FreeRADIUS) is out of data or simply wrong. You best path for
success is to use a current 2.x version of FreeRADIUS and use only
documentation found in the FreeRADIUS distribution, on the FreeRADIUS
web site (and http://deployingradius.com which is run by Alan DeKok).

Most people do not realize there is a lot of useful documentation in
FreeRADIUS, they just don't know where to look for it. Quite a bit of it
is in /etc/raddb in the configuration files and examples).

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/