correctly set num_sql_sock in sql accoutnig (Erratum)

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Mon Sep 14 23:56:29 CEST 2009

I forgot to include infos in previous mail... sorry about that

Le lundi 14 septembre 2009 à 22:32 +0200, Alan DeKok a écrit :

> Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> > Is there a way to know how many sql sockets needs to be open at startup
> > for a particular accounting db?
>
>   How long do database writes take?

insert in acccouting db takes ~ 10ms
delete from accouting db takes ~ 25ms

>   How many writes can you do
> simultaneously?

As many as simultaneous query I guess...

> How many packets/s does the server get?

For the authtentication database I have about 10 authentication
queries/s but regularly reaches 30/s when problems on BAS or DSLAM
outcome (max value since last year is ~80/s).

>   Generally, you should have as many SQL sockets as threads.

Thread like in start_servers and max_servers in radiusd.conf?

> Any more,
> and they won't be used.  Any less, and the threads might starve.
>
> > I want to have sufficent number of such sockets but don't want to loose
> > time and ressources opening too much of them.
>
>   The LDAP && SQL modules really need to move to a dynamic connection
> pool.  It would be much easier for the administrators.

Indeed