Setting up a virtual server to handle incoming proxied requests

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 27 08:44:19 CEST 2009

Patric wrote:
> I see I see, so I would only add a listen section if I were listening on
> a different interface or port?

  Yes.

> I think I get the proxying now :) proxy_requests = yes just makes the
> server process the detail-combined log right?

  No.  The listen section that references it tells the server to process
it.  The detail module that references it tells the server to write the
data which will be processed later by the listen section.

> So by not writing to the detail-combined you are effectively disabling
> proxying to a specified client.

  No.  By not setting Proxy-To-Ream in the virtual server, you are
telling it to not proxy the requests.