EAP with a non EAP Radius server

Jacques FOUCHER jacques.foucher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:39:00 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

thanks to Daniil and Yvan who helped me, but unfortunalety, my problem still
alive.

First , I want to explain again what I want to do, because may be there is a
missunderstanding. I have a wireless system wich need EAP and my users are
allready known in a Radius system (Radius n°2) wich don't know that
protocol.
The idea is to use in between a freeradius (Radius n°1) wich will convert
EAP-Response/Identity from Access Point and will forward  Radius
Access-Request without EAP message inside to my existing Radius server
(Radius n°2).
My problem IS NOT to manage some requests with EAP and some without. May be
some of you understood that ?

This weekend, i updated frreradius to the last version 2.1.7. I changed
configuration files too. But problem didn't change : Radius n°2 receive EAP
request that it don't know how to manage them.
This is the last modifications I did :
Supplicant is configuring for PEAP MSCHAPv2 (I tryied with TTLS but main
problem is the same)
*raddb/proxy.conf*
realm jacques.net {
       authhost        = 192.168.0.252:1812
       accthost        = 192.168.0.252:1813
       secret          = secret
}
*raddb/**eap.conf*
                peap {
                        default_eap_type = mschapv2
                        copy_request_to_tunnel = yes
                        use_tunneled_reply = yes
                        proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = no
                        virtual_server = "proxy-inner-tunnel"
                }

                mschapv2 {

*raddb/**sites-enabled/proxy-inner-tunnel*
server proxy-inner-tunnel {
authorize {
        update control {
                Proxy-To-Realm := "jacques.net"
authenticate {
        eap
}
post-proxy {
        eap

I have a "big" answer. When i configure an external radius server in
proxy.conf . Is eap.conf is use ? Because it is like it was not.

Best regards