New install does not respond to requests

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 00:05:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

> unfortunately its aint working :( well i see config files have changed
> dramatically so maybe i did something wrong.

so long as you didnt just paste the old configs over you'll be okay

> What we did we installed everything, unquoted SQL module in dadiusd.config
> add proper MySQL info
>
> When i start in -X mode i don't see any errors but the half of the log is
> cut off (i guess output is too long)
> When I send request i'm getting response that client is unknown. (I did add
> nas info in the nas table)

where are your clients defined (NAS) - in clients.conf or in MySQL table?

you need to check the debug log thoroughly - it will tell you where
things arent right. for example, did you see a list of clients when
it started up? if not, its not using NAS table - check the dialup.conf
file for the MySQL to see if read_clients is yes etc.

alan