Operator-Name not being logged

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Apr 3 14:33:23 CEST 2010

Stefan Winter wrote:
> But my auth_log stanza logs most of the packet content, but *not* the
> Operator-Name attribute. Same for the -X output in rad_recv.
>
> Then again, it can be processed by the server, because I use it in a
> xlat later:

  That means the other dictionaries are over-riding the definition of
Operator-Name.  Multiple names can refer to the same attribute, but only
one name is used when printing the "Attr-Name = value" string.

  What are the attributes in the Access-Request?  Odds are one is an
Ascend-*... which is the Operator-Name.  Fix the dictionaries so that
the Ascend attributes are not over-riding Operator-Name.

> I wonder if there is something "special" about 126 - maybe because it
> was previously assigned/hijacked by Ascend? I'm talking about FreeRADIUS
> 2.1.8 here

  I think I'll see if 2.2.0 can address this issue.  Maybe by specifying
NAS-specific dictionaries, or something like that...