Operator-Name not being logged

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Apr 6 08:22:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

hm, yes... in disctionary.ascend, there's the group of

X-Ascend-*

attributes which aren't vendor-specifics. They clog up the *IETF* range
of attributes 119-255, and X-Ascend-Temporary-Rtes occupies 126.

That means pretty much every new RADIUS attribute will be hampered in
FreeRADIUS by their hijacking of more than half of the IETF's space! I
noticed that in other conflicting cases, the corresponding attributes
were put into a different .conflict dictionary file, and not by default
included on startup (dictionary.nokia.conflict). How about solving the
problem in this way? And is Ascend's use of their non VSAs still current
in recent products? Looks like rather rude practice to me...

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER