No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Apr 12 14:25:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I'm newbie in FreeRadius, I installed latest version of it and followed the steps as mentioned in the websites: http://www.howtoforge.com/authentication-authorization-and-accounting-with-freeradius-and-mysql-backend-and-webbased-management-with-daloradius and http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO. After configuring basic setup I'm facing  i.e. No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user when I issue "radtest sqltest testpwd 127.0.0.1 1812 testing123".

the username 'sqltest' gives a slight hint.

is this user in 'users' file or in SQL? if the username is
in SQL, then you need to activate the SQL stuff (uncomment or
add SQL to the auth section) - its not on by default because
then all sites would have to have SQL up and running for anything
to work (or else it'd crash and burn)

alan