No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Apr 15 14:59:43 CEST 2010

On 04/15/2010 01:13 AM, Ahmed Munir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed latest version of it and followed the steps as mentioned in
> the website:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO.
>
> After configuring basic setup I'm facing  i.e. No authenticate method
> (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user
> when I run radtest I'm facing error as listed below;
>
> It is further to be added that I'm facing this error when I configure
> FreeRadius with MySQL, but working fine when using "users" file. I even
> configure sql.conf and configure mysql parameters, include sql in
> radius.conf and on sites-available/default I enabled sql on account and
> authorize section as steps mentioned in website above.

I don't think you've enabled the SQL module or MySQL, I don't see either
anywhere in the instantiate part of the log. I do see you're including
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf. Is sql uncommented (e.g. enabled) in
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default? It isn't by default.

   Because as I

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?