Centos Yum Packages

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Apr 20 01:26:40 CEST 2010

On 04/19/2010 06:41 PM, Andrew Paternoster wrote:
> So what's the best way to move forward with this? It is possible for
> someone to take over what jdennis was providing with his YUM resp? Or
> do we all have to go back to building for the source if we want the
> latest ver?

You can follow the instructions posted here:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

In the section labeled "How to build an SRPM" that will give you the
latest version on any RHEL/CentOS system.

Sorry I cannot provide pre-built RPM's for RHEL when the package is
already in a RHEL distribution channel. BTW, that prohibition extends to
EPEL as well. The reason is simple. Our support organization cannot
provide support for packages we didn't build and distribute, if we did
we would effectively be supporting any binary which could be found on
the internet, an obviously impossible support scenario.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/