PopTop

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Apr 20 17:41:55 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 03:27:19 am Thibault Le Meur wrote:

> Yes it is true, but this part seems easy once you've understood how to
> migrate from FR1 to FR2 which is required anyway to do a proper
> migration.

Is there a doc that specifically addresses migration?

> In fact this would be only a 3 lines changes in the article, so this
> is easy to fix as most of this HowTo is related to setting other
> components that FR ;-)

Can I help get those changes made, perhaps by testing the howto?  The section
on the Dictionary would seem to be unnnecessary for most packaged
distributions.

> >  I moved from a rather ancient Gentoo server that I believe was using an
> > 1.x version to Debian Lenny 2.0.4, then upgraded to the 2.1.8 backport,
> > and I can't get it to parse DOMAIN//user properly - it ignores the
> > separator and comes up with a null "realm".  Curiously, it later displays
> > the username as DOMAIN/name.
>
> I can't help here, because I'm not using realm for PopTop authentication.

I wasn't intending to either, I was following your PopTop doc exactly.

> However I would check you modules/realm file and the ntdomain realm
> definition.  Then I would double check that the ntodimain instance is
> enabled in your pre-acct and authorize section.

Searching for where to enable this now.  I wonder if there is any different
handling for the "\\" vs "\".

Since I don't have a working config yet, I would be happy to strip it back to
defaults and test your howto.